What a lead generation business is & the steps to start one
Annemarie Cross speaks with Philip Smith, an experienced and successful serial entrepreneur who shares his insights on lead generation, monetizing leads, and increasing profit for solopreneurs. He emphasizes the importance of collecting data from traffic generated by websites, monetizing the data, and implementing a strict sales process that requires potential customers to first watch a video before speaking with a salesperson.
In this episode, we'll be taking a deep dive into the fundamentals of a lead generation business and the step-by-step process to kickstart your own venture. If you've ever wondered how to attract, engage, and convert potential customers into loyal clients, this episode is packed with valuable insights and actionable strategies.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn what a lead generation business is and how to start one
- How to monetize leads multiple ways for increased profits
- The solopreneur's guide to growing a seven-figure business
WATCH NOW (and check out the Resources and Episode Highlights below):
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter – The Influence Bulletin
- The Influence Alliance — A business-building community for changemakers who want to build a sustainable and scalable business they love.
- How to Become Distinguishable, Uncopyable and Irresistible Masterclass
- Are you struggling to be known as a trusted authority in your industry? Book a time to chat with Annemarie.
- Connect with Philip: Website
Topic: Understanding Lead Generation
- Definition of lead generation
- Importance of collecting data
- Large companies that monetize data
- Strategies for generating leads organically
- Challenge of determining the best platforms to focus on
Topic: Sales Process and Monetizing Leads
- Strategy of requiring potential customers to watch a video before speaking with someone
- Benefits of video marketing
- Example of successful sales process
- The importance of monetizing data
- Testimonials of those who have implemented the strategy
Topic: Affiliate Networks and Marketing Software
- Overview of affiliate networks
- Examples of marketing software
- Importance of email and SMS marketing
- Overview of HubSpot and Salesforce
Topic: Nurturing and Promoting Leads
- The importance of nurturing and promoting leads
- Sales cycle for services and hitting leads early on
- The importance of building trust through referrals
- Focus on finding and building momentum in one thing
Topic: Targeted Questions and Automation
- Strategy for segmenting leads into different lists for email and SMS marketing
- Automating the segmentation process
Lead Generation: “Lead generation is a simple concept of driving traffic to your website to promote your product or service and, you know, to really go through the entire process, you know, at the end of the day, you'd wanna drive traffic.”
— Phil Smith 00:03:2800:05:04
“The Power of Data Collection: It's all about being dynamic when you collect the data, and then you can do whatever you want with it at that point in time.”
— Phil Smith 00:05:3200:06:46
Marketing Softwares: “companies, even some overlap or you even duplicate ourselves with different softwares… you need an email marketing company.”
— Phil Smith 00:07:3700:09:03
Email Marketing: “You definitely wanna have different lists for each individual offer that you're promoting.”
— Phil Smith 00:09:3700:11:14
Sales Cycles: “Never stop nurturing, never stop promoting.”
— Phil Smith 00:12:0100:14:12
The Power of Video Funnels: “That video is gonna outperform a human any day of the week.'”
— Phil Smith 00:15:1400:17:04
“The Power of Testimonials in Marketing: the number one thing And, of course, they have to like you. You know? And not everyone's gonna like you…I have learned that the consumers today want to… see behind the curtains… for whatever you're promoting, put it on…and open up the doors. So they can see because that's what people really want.”
— Phil Smith 00:18:1600:20:07
Monetizing Data: “I'm making an absolute killing like, about 7 figures right now because I implement what you told me.”
— Phil Smith 00:21:0200:24:11
Getting Your Cost per Lead Down to 0: “I just built out recently a funnel. We spend $8 a lead, and I'm getting that $8 a lead cost down to 0. I'm working on that.”
— Phil Smith 00:25:2000:26:41
Affiliate Marketing Tips: “There's marketing companies. There's a whole there's 1000 and 1000 tens of 1000, 100,000 of companies that have affiliate programs large and small.”
— Phil Smith 00:26:4300:27:33
Philip is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and author who partnered with Kevin Harrington, one of the original sharks on Shark Tank. He also made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies 4x and he did it as a 1 employee company, working from home. He started his first business in 1998 and has sold 4 companies so far.
His new business, All In One Marketing.com, was created to help companies not only save money, but also to scale and automate their digital marketing strategies.
You can connect with Philip through: Website
Enjoy This Podcast?
If you enjoyed today's episode of the Ambitious Entrepreneur Podcast, then hit subscribe now!
Post a review and share it! If you learned something by tuning into this podcast, do not hesitate to write a review and share it with your friends, so they can find out more about how to generate returns from a Google Ads account.
You can also follow us through Facebook.
Want to build a scalable business you are passionate about? Join The Influence Alliance – the Business Building Community for Change Makers.
Have any questions? You can contact me through these platforms:
To staying ambitious,