Creating Training That Sells
Have you launched a course that did not quite work out? Do you want to learn how to do it the right way? You can turn the knowledge you’ve gathered and the expertise that you’ve build up into money-making and high-impact courses.
In this episode of Ambitious Entrepreneurs Show, Nancy Gier joins us to talk about the key elements of course creation. She’s going to share some great tips on how to design high-profit courses. Nancy also shares how you deliver your content and how you engage your audience can make a difference.
Listen to the episode to learn how to create fun and interactive courses that get results.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn strategies in creating online learning that customers will want to buy and actually finish
- Get tips on how to design effective evergreen and live online courses
- Discover an approach to selecting high-profit topics
WATCH NOW (and check out the Resources and Episode Highlights below):
- The Influence Alliance — A business-building community for changemakers who want to build a sustainable and scalable business they love.
- The Influence Alliance Free Podcast Series
- Are you struggling to be known as a trusted authority in your industry? Schedule a chat with Annemarie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect with Nancy: Website | LinkedIn |
[2:40] Nancy Giere’s Professional Journey
- Nancy worked for a company that was in the course creation business wherein she got regular great coaching.
- She participated in a graduate program and got an advanced degree in Instructional Design
- Nancy enjoys coaching and guiding creators through the process of creating content.
- Before Nancy went on her own as a consultant, she was a project manager, training manager and a training director.
[4:40] How to start creating a course
- The design of your course can make or break it.
- Identify your learning goals and objectives. Think of the whats first and then work backwards.
- When designing a course, begin with the end in mind.
- Once you’ve set your learning goals, think of how you are going to deliver the course
[6:00] Why delivery is important
- Your delivery style and method can make a huge impact on how satisfied your audience will be after the end of the course.
- Make your course as engaging as possible to keep audience interested.
- Provide your audience with more interactive learning activities within the course which leads to higher levels of engagement.
- Be concise.
[13:28] Revisiting your content
- Keep track of what information has changed along the way and do quarterly or annual updates based on how dynamic the content is.
- Look for more innovative ways in delivering new information.
[14:34] Creating visuals
- Your visuals should resonate and connect with your audience
- Workbooks can help create interaction every time there's a shift between the cameras.
- Use some tools that would help in putting your visuals together.
[18:42] Avoid lengthy videos
- Videos should be less than 15 minutes so you don’t lose your audience’s attention.
- Keep your audience’s interest in mind without sacrificing important information.
- To keep your audience engaged, you can break down the videos.
[19:48] Your tone can make a huge difference
- Be dynamic and keep your energy up.
- Avoid speaking in a monotonous voice to keep your audience from becoming disinterested.
- Embrace the pause. Slow down. This can give your audience time to process information.
- Deliver your course like you are telling a story.
[28:01] Make your course special
- You should have a unique process. Make your own approach that is unique to you. Something that no one can quite do but only you.
- Don’t copy something that’s already out there. Keep your content different from others.
- The audience want to learn from someone who offers something valuable for their personal or professional needs.
10 Powerful Quotes
[5:48] “Oftentimes people want to start with writing the introduction and go forward when in fact that's the last thing that you want to do. You want to really think through what's the logical order to get people from where they are today, from where I want them to be…”
[13:11] “Because we're delivering it online. We can keep changing out the content to keep it fresh.”
[18:33] “If you can say it in two minutes, say it in two minutes. So, you want to be as concise as you can. Make it shorter. If you can, great. If you can't, that's okay.””
[20:07] “When you think about delivering a really good speech, you're going to be telling stories. You're going to have vocal variety. You're going to pause. You're going to slow down. You're going to do different things with your voice and your body to keep people's attention.”
[21:29]” There's also a journey that you take people through storytelling. There's a beginning, there's a middle of there's an end, but there's also other components within that, um, training that is going to continue to support.”
[21:44] “The one thing I know that you also talk about is coming up with not just a topic, but a high profit topic too.”
[23:16] “Take some time to do some interviews with your clients, run some focus groups, float your ideas past them and see what they say.”
[26:36] “If you're going to just try to copy something else that's out there and do it in a way that's there's nothing unique about it or different, you probably want to think twice and not get into the game.”
[27:40] “It's what I do. Nobody else does it quite like me. And that's, that's the main thing to look at is nobody does it quite like you.”
[28:01] “People resonate with coaches of how they connect. And so the people that you connect with are going to want to be in your community and they're going to want to learn from you. “
Nancy Giere works with businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to Fortune 100 companies turning their expertise into a high-profit course. She creates engaging, fun, and interactive programs that get results.
You can connect with Nancy through her website and LinkedIn .
Enjoy This Podcast?
The right sponsorships and collaborations can help in making your dreams a reality. If you enjoyed today's episode of Ambitious Entrepreneur Podcast, then hit subscribe now!
Post a review and share it! If you learned something by tuning into this podcast, do not hesitate to write a review and share it with your friends, so they can find out more about how to generate returns from a Google Ads account.
For more updates and episodes, visit the Ambitious Entrepreneur Show website. You can also subscribe through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Email, RSS, and more!
You can also follow us through Facebook.
Want to build a scalable business you are passionate about? Join The Influence Alliance – the Business Building Community for Change Makers.
Want to launch your own Thought Leader Podcast? Access my ‘Are You Ready to Launch Your Podcast’ Quiz here, and have a chat with me.
Have any questions? You can contact me through these platforms:
To staying ambitious,