How to Grow Business Faster So You Can Make an Impact
How do you grow your business ?
The ever-changing landscape of the market makes a lot of entrepreneurs worried about whether their marketing and sales systems could still deliver effective results. To address this problem, business owners must create a growth strategy that would help them bounce back during trying times and ensure exponential gains for their company’s future.
In this episode, Darrell Amy shares the secret to creating a positive impact by growing your business faster. He also talks about integrating your career and calling to generate change. Lastly, Darrell teaches us the way to unlock exponential revenue growth for your enterprise.
If you’re a visionary entrepreneur, and you want to grow your business while creating positive change in the community, this episode is for you!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn the two keys to revenue growth.
- Discover how to integrate your calling into your career.
- Understand why your business can also be your ministry.
WATCH NOW (and check out the Resources and Episode Highlights below):
- Download the workbook and jot down relevant notes as you listen to/watch the show
- The Influence Alliance — A business-building community for changemakers who want to build a sustainable and scalable business they love.
- The Influence Alliance Free Podcast Series
- Are you struggling to be known as a trusted authority in your industry? Schedule a chat with Annemarie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grab a copy of Revenue Growth Engine by Darrell Amy
- Listen to Darrell's podcasts: Revenue Growth Podcast | Selling From the Heart Podcast
- Know more about the Kingdom Mission Fund
- Connect with Darrell Amy: Website | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Get your hands on Really Care for Them by Mareo McCracken
- For more updates and episodes, visit theAmbitious Entrepreneur Show website
[02:59] Innovation Is Key to Grow Your Business
- Innovation involves reflecting on how we do business.
- Get inspired by other businesses’ ideas, even those unrelated to your industry.
- Identify the tactics you could incorporate into your company.
- Thinking outside the box allows your business to flourish and adapt to the times.
- However, you must still be mindful when looking at other enterprises. It could distract you from keeping your goals.
[05:05] On Revenue Growth
- Identify the sources of profit and where you could accelerate it.
- There are two ways to grow revenue: get new customers or cross-sell to existing customers.
- Most companies are only good at either increasing their client base or managing their existing customers. A business needs modest growth in both areas for exponential revenue growth.
- One of the best ways to spark change is to manage a thriving company. You are not only increasing revenue but also creating meaningful jobs.
- Determine if your business performs poorly in finding or maintaining clients. Afterwards, find a solution to address your shortcomings.
[08:19] Barriers to Growth
- Companies should not focus all their efforts and resources on only one area. It might result in losing everything.
- Build more than one business strategy to cope with change.
- With no diverse plan, you are putting your enterprise at risk.
[11:12] When to Implement a New Strategy for Business Growth
- According to Jim Collins, ‘start by firing bullets, not cannonballs’.
- Try different things on a small scale and find what works. If the strategy performed well, that’s the only time you put more energy into it.
- Starting a business means incorporating the test-and-improve cycle.
- Deciding when to tweak your business strategy depends on the company.
[14:43] What Should You Measure to Grow Your Business?
- Companies must measure two things: the number of clients and their revenue for each.
- The earnings you get per customer show how well your company performs in cross-selling.
- For Darrell, companies should aim for their products to be 100% sold.
- Know how many of your clients are using your core products or services. It guides you to the next opportunity to grow your business.
[17:20] Integrating Your Career and Calling
- Behind every career or business is a cause. Listen to the full episode to hear about Darrell’s non-profit organisations and how he lives as a Christian entrepreneur.
- Structure your life to maximise your impact in the community. To make this possible, you need time and energy.
- While time management is necessary, it’s more important to show up on all occasions.
- Businesses are capable of spreading the word and works of God.
[21:00] Your Business Is Your Ministry
- Darrell realised he could make an impact by forming relationships through his business.
- Business is the next frontier of Kingdom growth. It is where we spend most of our time and build a life with others.
- Building an enterprise allows you to engage with more people than in your local community.
- We are ambassadors for the Lord with every interaction and conversation we have.
[24:59] Being a Christian in Business
- The Kingdom of God is among us. Thus, everywhere we go, we are bringing the Kingdom.
- As visionary entrepreneurs, we must care for the people we serve.
- People are viewed as human capital in the current business world. Darrell encourages everyone to care for everyone.
- Leaders must continually improve themselves so they can generate change.
- Care for others not only in business but also across other fields.
[29:13] Sell from the Heart
- Darrell is the co-host of the Selling From the Heart Podcast. He discusses bringing back authenticity and integrity in the sales profession.
- If you’re a business owner, you must sell from the heart. Remember to look after people.
- Businesses are the first responders when the going gets tough.
10 Powerful Quotes
[02:59] ‘I think when you look at growing anything, whether it's a business, a nonprofit—whatever you're looking at, innovation is really key in all of that. Innovation is everywhere.'
[03:48] ‘What are some ideas that other people are doing that we could incorporate into this business? And innovation is the heart of growth, I believe.'
[06:32] “One of the best ways I can have impact is by growing my company. Not only does it create more revenue, [but] it also creates more meaningful jobs.’
[09:49] ‘Without multiple strategies, I think a lot of people really put themselves at risk.’
[18:40] ‘[T]he challenge right now is: how do I structure my life so that I'm able to maximise my impact?’
[20:14] ‘There are still so many entrepreneurs and business owners not sensing that they are really contributing to the kingdom of God. But this is exactly where God has placed you [and He] is giving you entrepreneurial skills.’
[22:52] ‘[B]usiness is the next frontier of Kingdom growth. This is where we spend our time. This is where we have our relationships.’
[25:19] ‘But then Jesus said the kingdom of God is among you, right? When you're talking about the Kingdom—it’s right here. It's here. It's my area of effective domain or influence.'
[27:15] ‘There's a commitment to doing the right thing. I think there's a commitment to growing as leaders. This has been a huge part of my realisation in the last year is: I've got to up my game continually as a leader if I want to have impact on people.'
[27:40] ‘As Kingdom business people, I think we don't just look at the numbers [but] look at the people.’
Darrell Amy is a growth strategist, author, and speaker. He has over 27 years of experience in B2B marketing and sales. Darrell has proudly trained thousands of entrepreneurs in solution selling, created digital marketing strategies for companies, and consulted with Fortune 500 technology companies. He wrote the Revenue Growth Engine to share his experience in helping companies thrive.
Apart from this, he is a member of the Forbes Business Council and the C-Suite Advisors team. He co-founded Convergo where he acts as the Chief Innovation Officer. Darrell serves as an integral part of these organizations as he helps companies and executives develop revenue growth strategies.
Finally, as a Christian entrepreneur, he co-founded the Kingdom Mission Fund. It is a non-profit group with a mission to find, fund and feature innovative and promising projects.
Enjoy This Podcast?
A sales and marketing strategy that can withstand turbulent times is critical to grow your own business. It is the business owner’s responsibility to design a powerful growth engine that can ensure the company’s future.
However, building a successful business doesn’t mean that you must focus on profit only. A visionary entrepreneur needs to integrate their calling into their business for growth. It could be overwhelming to take things to a new level, but the Ambitious Entrepreneur Podcast has your back.
If you enjoyed today's episode of Ambitious Entrepreneur Podcast, then hit subscribe now!
Post a review and share it! If you learned something by tuning into this podcast, do not hesitate to write a review and share it with your friends. Help us help them grow their business and create positive impact.
You can also follow us through Facebook.
Want to build a scalable business you are passionate about? Join The Influence Alliance – the Business Building Community for Change Makers.
Have any questions? You can contact me through these platforms:
To staying ambitious,