How to encourage your guests to promote their interview
Hi this is Annemarie and welcome to another #ListenerIntoLead podcast tip for coaches and consultants who want to launch a podcast to nurture listeners into leads, get clients and build their business with their podcast. This is tip #13.
Today’s tip is answering the question ‘How can I get my guests to promote their interview?”
If you want to make sure your guests to promote their interview once it goes live here are a few things you need to consider:
- Make sure you are inviting the right kind of guests on your podcast – not all guests are created equal. There will be some guests that naturally promote more – because by being featured on your podcast they naturally gain exposure and build their brand awareness, which is a goal they desire. However, there are going to be some guests that just don’t need the added exposure and less likely to share the interview with their community because they don’t need the additional exposure. So, select your guests carefully – because they’re most likely going to be thinking ‘what’s in it for me.” And their goal will be to get in front of your audience, rather than get in front of their own audience, who they are most likely in front of already. Some guests just won’t
- Make sure the topic they are sharing is one that they will want to share with their community because it amplifies their message and where they want to position their thought leadership.
- If you interview them about a topic that suits you and their audience, yet it’s not adding value to their thought leadership – it'll most likely not be something they’re going to share with their community
- And, thirdly, make sharing it with their community as seamless as possible. What creatives are you giving them. Are you providing them with graphics and audiograms, Perhaps even send them some examples of text they can use in their social media posts. Make it as easy for them as possible to share. The less work they have to do, the more likely they will be to share it.
- Oh and one last tip – have you told them their show has gone live. And, do you tag them in your social media posts so they can on-share to their community.
These are just some things to consider when it comes to helping your guest help you by promoting their interview with their audience.
I’ll see you in the next tip.
Post a review and share it!
If you learned something by tuning into this podcast, do not hesitate to write a review and share it with your friends. Help us help them grow their business and create a positive impact. For more updates and episodes, visit the Ambitious Entrepreneur Show website. You can also subscribe through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Email, RSS and more!
You can also follow us through Facebook. Want to build a scalable business you are passionate about? Join The Influence Alliance – the Business Building Community for Change Makers. Want to launch your own Thought Leader Podcast? Access my ‘Are You Ready to Launch Your Podcast' Quiz here, and have a chat with me. Have any questions? You can contact me through these platforms:
To staying ambitious, Annemarie