Distraction or a Valuable Opportunity: 7 questions to find out which to avoid becoming unfocused
Distraction or Opportunity? How do you gauge whether a project you’re considering is a valuable opportunity or a distraction?
This is something I’ve often struggled with over the years.
For those of you who have worked with me on their Signature Brands (with the Branding with Archetypes system I use) my leading Archetype is Explorer. So, of course new projects, shiny objects, learning something new (which can take me off in another direction from what I was originally focusing on) can be an issue for me.
And, as I’m also a Quickstart on the Kolbe A scale, that's a double-whammy when it comes to my love of starting new projects. So, if I’m not careful – I can become my own worst enemy.
Then, when it comes to daily (and what I call ‘minor’) distractions, I can have the best of plans laid out, however an unexpected telephone call, a notification on one of my social platforms that someone has just commented on one of my posts, an email notification that flashes across my screen can change all that.
These types of distractions are easy to identify and manage – just shut off your devices, block out time in your calendar, and ensure you’re able to focus on the task at hand.
But, what about when an opportunity or a new project comes your way – how do you know whether it is something you should consider doing now, or whether it’s going to be a distraction, and taking you away from what you are currently focused on?
That’s a great question I asked myself several years ago. And, it’s what prompted me to come up with 7 key questions to see whether a project or opportunity I was considering, was a distraction or not.
Because a lack of focused and continuously getting distracted is a HUGE bottleneck to the growth of your business – trust me!
So, if this is something you’re struggling with, too – you're in luck. In today’s episode I’ll share the 7 questions so the next time you have an opportunity/project in front of you – you can ask yourself these 7 questions.
- Take the Quiz: Build Visibility, Generate Leads & Enrol Clients with Ease with your Robust Customer Relationship-Building Nurturing Funnel
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter – The Influence Bulletin
- Book a time to chat with Annemarie to find out how Annemarie and her team of experts can set up your client relationship-building funnel for you
Have you enjoyed listening to this podcast interview and want to know how you can create your very own podcast platform to so you become known as an influential voice in your industry?
Access my free How to Create a Profitable Podcasting Masterclass, where I'll show you:
- Six Common Podcasting Myths that’ll keep you stuck from creating your profitable podcast;
- Why focusing on technology (i.e. which microphone you should be using) is unwise and what you MUST focus on first if you want to start a profitable podcast. Sadly, SO many Change Makers and aspiring Thought Leaders miss these key steps and fail to generate the ROI/income they hope their podcast will generate;
- Three Changes in Consumer Behaviour you need to be aware of BEFORE you launch your podcast to help keep you focused on what’s MOST important and/or no longer relevant;
- The NUMBER ONE reason why businesses fail to create a profitable podcast so you can avoid falling into the same trap;
- Three Podcast Profit Models that’ll help you nurture listeners into leads and into paying customers, step-by-step.
What did you think about the message shared today? What action step will you take to turn this around? Go ahead and share. We’d love to hear from you!
Please leave your comment in the box below, and remember to share and Like the show with your colleagues. Also, stop on by our Facebook page to say hello and to give us a shout out on Twitter – we promise to shout back! As always, we appreciate it.