Topic: Faith as the foundation for life and for business
My guest today says “Faith is my steadfast foundation for my life and my business.”
Joining me today is Jodie Guerrero.
Jodie is a multi-faceted survivor and has taken her lemons to the next level; turning them into lemonade. Jodie is a triple cancer survivor, has a mobility disability and is mum to 2 ‘special needs’ girls.
Jodie’s health struggles started when she was only 35 and has been fighting blood cancer for 11 years now which is currently in remission.
In 2007, Jodie started a blog to help keep family and friends up-to-date on her changing issues, and this blog has since evolved into a website that has become more and more popular over the years with former/current cancer patients, medical staff, faith believers and people looking for health answers.
On today’s show Jodie is going to share:
- How to remain calm and positive in life’s storms.
- My prerogative is to make something great of my challenges – I believe this is what we are called to do, with our difficulties & problems.
- My goal in life has to ALWAYS turn the worst around into the best and rather than play a bad victim, be a successful survivor.
Podcast (the-christian-entrepreneurs-podcast): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:25 — 32.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Email | RSS
About Jodie Guerrero:
I am a multi-faceted survivor and have taken my lemons to the next level; turning them into lemonade. My survivorship has included the following:
- Triple Cancer Survivor (Follicular B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma x 2 and Myelodysplasia – Pre-Leukemia) 2006- current.
- Six-Time ‘Death Dodger’ (Sextuplet Survivor)
- Bone Marrow Transplant Survivor
- Medical Negligence Survivor
- GVHD (Graft vs. Host Disease) Survivor x 5 separate diseases.
I also have a mobility disability caused by my initial delayed diagnosis and am the Mum to 2 ‘special needs’ girls. My husband is now an Australian citizen, having originated from SF, California and both my girls are dual yankaussies. Our girls are Julia (17) and Anna (14) – My husband and I have been married for 20 years. My struggle with my health started when I was only 35. I have been fighting blood cancer for 11 years now and am currently in remission. However, I have had 94 doses of chemo & radiation, plus I take 50+ pills a day. My family and I live in Dakabin, Queensland, Australia. Dakabin is located in north Brisbane, near North Lakes.
My working background: I am a registered dental nurse, worked in various church staff, christian retail, airlines (AUS & USA) & aerospace.
When my blood cancer returned for a 2nd time, I had to leave full-time work in Aerospace. I did so kicking and screaming, as I loved my job and enjoyed the amazing array of intelligent people that I worked around, this included defense personnel, doctors, professionals and NASA staff, working under a top secret security clearance.
So, from 2007 I started my own blog to help my family and friends keep up with my changing issues. This blog has evolved into a website that has become more and more popular over the years with former/current cancer patients, medical staff, faith believers and people looking for health answers. From the website: I have launched ‘Consumer Health Advocacy’ services to assist the patients who contact me for help and wish to have advocacy and guidance, feom someone who knows the medical/hospital system, like the back of my hand (in both the USA & AUS – I lived in SF for 4 years). I used to provide this service for free, but now I charge for my time – via phone, email, skype and in person, locally. It has essentially become a small business for me.
I also have 2 chapter books published, a DVD interview and have just finished my full story manuscript, in which I am currently looking for a literary agent to acquire a US book & film deal. At least that is the plan.
- Website: http://jodiesjourney.com/
- Linkedin: http://au.linkedin.com/in/jodiesjourney
- Twitter: @jodiesjourney
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jodiesjourney/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Jodiesjourneycom/
- Email: Jodie@jodiesjourney.com
- Website: http://jodiesjourney.com/
Want to start your own podcast – but don't know where to start? Access our free Minitraining: