Topic: Making art is more than just a hobby; it’s a calling
My guest today says, “Making art is more than just a hobby. For many of us, it’s a calling”.
Joining me today is Jessica Van Der Wyngaard.
Jessica is an independent filmmaker. Her most recent work is a documentary feature called I Survived I Kissed Dating Goodbye.
It is the journey of Joshua Harris (Christian author and former pastor) reevaluating his signature work: a book that became “the bible” for Christian dating.
The film has now been released for free, as of November 20!
On today’s show Jessica is going to share:
- Nothing is wasted. All that you go through in life – the ups and downs, the career side-steps and reprimands – they all prepare you for what’s in your future.
- If you have a vision for making a difference. Don’t give up when things get hard.
- As an entrepreneur and an artist, receiving constructive criticism is often hard to swallow, but it’ necessary for growth and getting better.
Podcast (the-christian-entrepreneurs-podcast): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 31:08 — 29.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Email | RSS
About Jessica Van Der Wyngaard:
I’m an independent filmmaker. My most recent work is a documentary feature called I Survived I Kissed Dating Goodbye. It is the journey of Joshua Harris (Christian author and former pastor) reevaluating his signature work: a book that became “the bible” for Christian dating. I made the film while living in Vancouver, Canada while completing a Masters in Theological Studies. I was studying alongside Harris when the idea for the film came to me and together we crowd-funded the production and made it in record time! The film has now been released for free, as of November 20!
- Website: https://www.docs-ology.com/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicavanderwyngaard/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/isurvivedikdg/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ISurvivedIKDG/
Want to start your own podcast so you can become an influential voice in your industry – but don't know where to start? Access our free Minitraining by clicking here.