Topic: Every single one of us was created to flourish
My guest today says, “Every single one of us was created to flourish. Each of us has a special purpose and was born with the gifts and skills we need to fulfil it.”
Joining me today is Fiona Burke.
Fiona is a wife and mother with a special place in her heart for the youth of my country. She is the Founder & Executive Director of Flourish, a mentorship program for teenage girls. Fiona is also a teacher, speaker and event MC who loves Jesus and tries to point others to the abundant life he offers.
On today’s show Fiona is going to share:
- Bona fide success and true fulfilment come from helping and being of service to others in some way, rather than focusing solely on achieving our own ambitions.
- Maintaining the right balance is important. Nurturing our personal relationships is just as, if not more important than, paying attention to our careers or ministries.
- I don’t think any other brand has ever gotten it as right at Nike: JUST DO IT. No amount of thinking about it or even planning and strategizing will get it done. Take the first step and everything will begin to fall into place step by step, little by little.
Podcast (the-christian-entrepreneurs-podcast): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:30 — 25.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Email | RSS
About Fiona Burke
I studied Mass Communication and English and have some 15 years’ experience working in various areas of the Communication field for well established companies in and outside the island of Jamaica, where I was born and still live.
I took advantage of opportunities to develop my public speaking and writing skills and I'm eager to share my extensive knowledge through my business, Say it Write, which offers workshops and one-on-one coaching.
I'm a wife and mother with a special place in my heart for the youth of my country. I am Founder & Executive Director of Flourish, a mentorship program for teenage girls. Early in 2018, I received an award for ‘Outstanding contribution to Volunteerism' from Flair Magazine published by The Gleaner, Jamaica's oldest, most respected newspaper.
I am also a teacher, speaker and event MC who loves Jesus and tries to point others to the abundant life he offers.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fiona-a-burke-a16969169/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fiona.a.burke/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fabfionaburke/
Want to start your own podcast so you can become an influential voice in your industry – but don't know where to start? Access our free Minitraining by clicking here.