Topic: A Tech Entrepreneur’s Small Business War Story
Joining me today is Pablo Fuentes.
Pablo started his company Proven.com when he was in business school at Stanford in 2009. He tried eight different business models before finding growth and profitability as a small business hiring software tool. He is the host of Small Business War Stories – a podcast where he travels around the US interviewing small business people in person.
On today’s show Pablo is going to share:
- Resilience: He went from a successful finance career to getting millions in funding for his company to having to let go of his entire staff in one day, going from 15 to 2 people;
- Mental health: small business and startups can be very taxing on a person’s mental health, so Pablo is going to share how he keeps his balance;
- SEO: Pablo shares some of the link-building strategies that allowed him to take their blog traffic from 50 monthly readers to 50,000 monthly readers in 20 months.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 31:31 — 29.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Subscribe to the show with iTunes and Stitcher
Do you have a question you’d like me to answer in an upcoming show? Or do you want to share a comment or ‘aha’ moment?
Leave me your name, business name and comment on either of the contact details below and I’ll answer your question or include your comment in an upcoming episode:
(03) 9708 6930 – Within Australia (613) 9708 6930 – International
Enjoy the show!
As always, thank you for being part of our community and listening to this podcast. To ensure you don’t miss out on learning about the latest tips and strategies to help you build your successful business, go ahead and subscribe to the podcast by clicking on the link below.
And, while you’re there, please leave your rating and review of our podcast show on iTunes. THANK YOU!
Click here to Subscribe & Keep Up To Date via iTunes and leave a review!
I started my company, Proven.com when I was in business school at Stanford in 2009. We tried eight different business models before finding growth and profitability as a small business hiring software tool. I am the host of Small Business War Stories, a podcast where I travel around the U.S. interviewing small business people in person.
- Website: Article on Business Insider
- Website: http://blog.proven.com/small-business-war-stories-podcast
- Website: www.proven.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/pablofuentes1/
- Twitter: @provenpablo
What inspired you about the message shared today? What action are you going to take within the next 24 hours?
Go ahead and share. We’d love to hear from you!