Cyber Security: How to Avoid Falling Victim to Black Hat Hackers.
What we are actively and passively sharing on the internet is very easy to attain by Black Hat Hackers.
We have an inherent trust in people and systems. And, because of that – we are leaving ourselves wide open to cyber-attacks.
In fact, when it comes to black hat hackers – this is a business model for them. As such they concentrate on the lowest hanging fruit.
Our job is to make it harder for them whilst making it easier for our real clients.
Joining me today is Mark Phillips. He is a serial global entrepreneur and business mentor who has worked and travelled in over 100 countries.
Apart from his own tech and tourism businesses, Mark helps startups and adventurous businesses commercialise their innovations & take them to the world markets. He lives as a digital nomad and travels full time.
On today’s show Mark is going to share:
- Black Hat Hackers: who they are and how they are using their tech skills to relieve you of money without much effort;
- Typical hacks and attacks can take many forms; you may be an end target or part of the chain;
- What you actively and passively share on the internet may have you play right into the hands of these black hat hackers;
- What you need to do (and NOT do) to make it harder for Black Hat Hackers, while still provide relevant information potential clients will want to find out about you.
What you actively and passively share on the internet is very easy to attain by Black Hats, because we have an inherent trust in people and systems. – Mark Phillips
Do you have a question you’d like me to answer in an upcoming show? Or do you want to share a comment or ‘aha’ moment?
Leave me your name, business name and comment on either of the contact details below and I’ll answer your question or include your comment in an upcoming episode:
(03) 9708 6930 – Within Australia (613) 9708 6930 – International
Enjoy the show!
As always, thank you for being part of our community and listening to this podcast. To ensure you don’t miss out on learning about the latest tips and strategies to help you build your successful business, go ahead and subscribe to the podcast by clicking on the link below.
And, while you’re there, please leave your rating and review of our podcast show on iTunes. THANK YOU!
Click here to Subscribe & Keep Up To Date via iTunes and leave a review!
Mark is a serial global entrepreneur and business mentor who has worked and travelled in over 100 countries. Apart from his own tech & tourism businesses, he helps startups and adventurous businesses commercialise their innovations & take them to the world markets. He lives as a digital nomad and travels full time.
- Website: www.businessinbarefeet.com
- Twitter: @imarkphillips @bizinbarefeet
- LinkedIn: imarkphillips
- Instagram: @businessinbarefeet
What inspired you about the message shared today? What action are you going to take within the next 24 hours?
Go ahead and share. We’d love to hear from you!
Disclosure: Hey, by the way – I’m an Ambassador for Microsoft Surface. [That said, I LOVE my Surface Pro and it goes with me everywhere]. Looking forward to sharing more tech tips to help you boost your productivity in upcoming shows!